Details for Yoga in the Park:
- Classes will take place at Parc Mercille, bordered by Mercille, Notre-Dame, Green and Hooper streets (also known as Soldier Park) or Parc Dulwich, bordered by Riverdale, Dulwich and Smiley (check the schedule for class location).
- Maximum 20 participants; please reserve your space in advance with MindBody. New clients or clients without a reservation are welcome, space allowing. Payment can be made on site with a credit card only.
- Use existing passes from class packs, or buy a park / online pass here. If you buy a park / online pass, you still need to reserve your space in the class. If you have leftover days from a monthly unlimited pass you'd like to use instead, contact us.
- Distancing measures of 6ft/ 2 meters must be respected before, during, and after practice.
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes before the class. Place your mat in front of a pre-distanced marker set up in the grass.
- Bring your own mat, props and reusable water bottle. A blanket for underneath your mat might provide you with extra comfort. : )
- Bathrooms will not be available
- Mask not required but recommended before and after practice
- If the weather is too cool (less than 10°C), too windy, or it's raining, then the class will in most cases be moved to Zoom. If this happens, it will be posted on Facebook at least 1 hour before the class begins.
Details for Online Classes:
Classes will be streamed via ZOOM and you don't need to have an account. Automatically download the ZOOM app onto your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone when you join your first Zoom meeting, or do it in advance here.
Register at least 15 minutes before the class begins by signing up with MindBody as you would for any regular class. You'll receive an email 15 - 30 minutes before the class start time with the ZOOM link. All classes will be recorded. As long as you registered for the class before the 15 minute deadline, you will have access to it (for 48 hours) after it has taken place in case you miss the live version.
We suggest checking in early for your scheduled class, to make sure you can see and hear the teacher, and that you familiarize yourself with the ZOOM app before your first class. Please note that since ZOOM is a US company, the instructions are only in English. Please get in touch if you have any questions about ZOOM or online classes.
If you're an existing Béco client, you may use your existing class pack passes, OR you may purchase our
each, plus taxes. For those clients with the unlimited monthly pricing option, it will be frozen as of April 1st. You will not lose anything that you paid for. All unused days of your unlimited month (including the days of forced closure) will be available for your use once we reopen. Going forward you may buy online passes or regular class packs.
Until business returns to normal, new clients are invited to buy park/online passes only. New clients will still be eligible for our popular first month of unlimited classes for $49 plus taxes when we reopen.
Prop Suggestions for your Home Practice:
Classes may or may not require props. If you don’t have any actual yoga props, here are some suggested replacements:
- Yoga mat – use 1 or 2 layered bath towels or a blanket in place of a yoga mat for stable floor postures and/or shavasana. For standing postures, practice directly on the floor.
- Blocks – use thick books, such as dictionaries or old encyclopedias, instead of blocks.
- Straps – use a belt or long scarf in a place of a strap.
- Bolster – use one or two (or three) regular pillows, or a sofa cushion, as a bolster.
- Eye Pillow – use a folded hand towel or a soft pair of socks to put over closed eyes instead.
Important Reminders to Safely Practice at Home:
Since your teacher will not be able to see you during class, it’s more important than ever to listen carefully to instructions. It is equally important to listen to your body. When practicing yoga, it’s ok to feel stretch and sensation, but never ok to feel pain! Please practice safely, and modify the practice to meet your needs, including pausing to rest as required.