Thermohair is the original maker of mohair socks in North America. Produced in Ontario, Canada since 1992, the socks are made of 75/25 kid mohair/nylon yarn. Kid mohair, from Angora goats, is hair sheared from the kids, during their first year of life. ***The goats are not harmed in this process.*** It is the finest, softest, most luxurious of the mohair grades. Only 1 million pounds of this grade of fibre is produced worldwide per year, and is called the "diamond" fibre because of its strength and rarity.
- As soft and comfy as cashmere, yet extremely durable.
- Minimal friction on your feet - ideal for blister free trekking!
- Very insulating, protecting your feet from the cold and sub-zero outdoor weather.
- Ideal for those working in steel toed boots or playing in the cold outdoors or for those who suffer from cold feet due to health issues.
- Mohair wicks away moisture and can hold water many times its weight without your foot feeling wet.
- Machine washable, hang to dry.
- Made from renewable fibre; the goats efficiently convert plants from non-agricultural lands to fibre that grows an inch per month.